Wednesday, June 9, 2010

62. Financial Planner and Book #2

I finished reading "The Second Nine Months" by Vicki Glembocki (#59).  The book is about Vicki's experience with new motherhood.  Most of the first few months (chapters) of the book, she talks about how she doesn't feel connected/attached to her daughter, loss of self that comes with parenthood and the patience parenting requires.  I had a hard time relating to the author given that both my daughters were pretty low key babies. I understood her feelings of lossing ones self, the sleep deprivation, etc. but I felt connected to my girls within the first few days of having them so I had a hard time relating with her months long struggle with this. The later months were easier for me to relate to. Overall it was well written and a quick read but just hard for me to relate.

Emile and I also met with a financial planner (#70) on May 18.  We got a lot of paper work from him to fill out in order for him assess our financial status, where best to invest our savings, how to plan for the girls college education and our retirement.  He had a lot of great thoughts.  The paper work we need to get him though seems daunting so it's going to take a little while to get it back to him, although the sooner, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment