Tuesday, August 24, 2010

59. A New Book and Wine among other things

I finished another book recently (#59) - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  I'm impressed with my friends who are able to read a book a week.  With the two girls and work keeping me busy, I'm lucky if I get one book read a month!  This one took me a little while to get into but I ended up really enjoying it.  The last 200 pages went very quickly.  Now I'm reading Cleopatra's Daughter.  In addition, Emile got me a Kindle for my birthday so my next book will be a e-book!

I finally got a chance to get a massage this past weekend (#27).  I had bought an hour and half massage at Massage Envy through Living Social months ago.  Now that Claire takes a bottle easily from others, I finally felt I could step away for my massage.  I used to love getting massages but this time, I actually got restless and was ready for it to be over with.  I think an hour and half massage is 30 minutes too long.  Next time, I'll stick with an hour.  But don't get me wrong, it was still fabulous and great to get some me time.

I tried another new wine this month -- Barefoot Riesling (#99).  It was very crispy and fruity.  Definitely one I would get again.


Earlier this month, Emile and I went to Goodnight's Comedy Club in Raleigh (#43).  The comedian we saw, John Pinette, was hilarious.  One of the best we've seen.  My stomach hurt from laughing so hard.  It was great to get out and do something non-movie related!  We're hoping to go back when my brother and his girlfriend are in town in October, if not before.

August is a busy month for birthdays in our family.  Not only was it my 34th birthday on the 17th but it was also my sister's (2nd), my mother-in-law's (10th) and my brother's (also on the 17th) birthday.  I sent out birthday cards for each of them (#95).  Natalie and Claire helped by coloring a picture and on the card for them (or at least Natalie did).

1 comment:

  1. I so plan on asking for an e-book for Christmas! Can you let me know how you like it? I was thinking of Goodnight's for a datenight with the hubby, thanks for reminding me & for the good review!

    ReplyDelete