Friday, January 14, 2011

#67. Wikipedia search - The Queen Mother

I'm watching The Queen and it got me interested to learn more about The Queen Mother (Mum) whom I haven't read much on yet (I've read a lot on the Tudors). So I did a Wikipedia search and discovered a lot of new things:
  • Her full name is Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon
  • She is a Queen consort (i.e. by marriage) as she was married to King George VI
  • King George VI became King when his brother, then King Edward VIII, abdicated (denounced the throne) to marry the twice-divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson.
  • She lived to be 101 years old.

Plus a lot more information which can be found here. So it looks like I've started my Wikipedia goal. Now to remember to read something once a week for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment