Sunday, May 16, 2010

74. Participate in a charity run/walk



Yesterday, I participated in the 5K Cystic Fibrosis Walk with some friends.  Natalie and Claire joined me on the walk.  It was pretty hot but luckily the walk went pretty quick.  I was glad to finally participate in a charity event (#74).  I ended up raising $485, $285 over my goal amount.  Next, I'm going to have to find one to run in.

Last night, Emile and I also had a great date night to celebrate our 3rd anniversary (#43).  Kinsey watched the girls for us.  It was the first time we went out together since Claire was born.  Emile and I went to a new restaurant, Margaux's Restaurant on Creedmoor (#90).  http://www.margauxsrestaurant.com/  We were relieved to find such a great restaurant so close to our house.  Wonderful seafood!  I got the Roast Pumpkin Seed Blackened Yellowfin Tuna with Santa Fe potato salad, iceberg ranch & pickled green tomatoes.  Emile got the Pan Roasted Lobster Tail, Clams, Mussels, Shrimp simmered in chorizo shrimp broth with Yukon potatoes & fresh spinach.  Emile also got the Traditional Caesar Salad.  He had me try an anchvoy (#91).  I was not a fan -- too fishy for me.  Afterwards we went to see Robin Hood which we weren't too impressed with but we had a great time going out together.

1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT of goal accomplishment. I've been wanting to try Margaux's with my husband, so I'm glad to hear it's a nice place!

    ReplyDelete